Saturday, March 2, 2013

Final Polar Palooza Update!



One final update to what I will be bringing or doing for my small part in the Polar Palooza ’13.

The first and what I’m hoping will be the most interesting finishing touch is a new drinking game I created.  I call it “Dueling Shots”. The game starts with having a list of 13 shots each numbered sequentially. About half of them are very tasty, and the other half are a bit rough. I have two twelve sided dice in a “pop-o-matic” bubble dice roller. Now the rules.

1. Each player rolls one die

      2. We compare the numbers and the higher roller gets to make a choice.
·          3. The roller looks at the list of shots and picks between the 2 numbers on the dice.
      3a. If both players roll the same number then both will drink the 13th shot.  
·         4. The players then both drink the shot that the winning player chose.
·         5. Repeat, with a new roll or let someone else play.

Example: Jim and Carol decide to D-d-d-d-d-duel! Jim rolls a 6 and Carol rolls an 11. Carol gets to pick between the #6 (G-Spot) or the #11 (Water of Life) shot. Since Carol is a fan of the movie Dune she chooses to have them both drink The Water of Life. Then they drink.

It’s nice and simple. It can have endless iterations and even expanded to a 21 drink menuwith the use of twenty sided dice. I have taken the rolling out of this event because I do not want to lose the dice because someone has lost the ability to aim. The “pop-o-matic” bubbles will be mounted to a board and still lets the choices be random. They have the added benefit of having that nice “pop/tink” sound too. The sound, I’m hoping, will attract attention too.   

The last bit of improvement I decided to make was a last minute purchase of 20 new glass glasses. I made a very successful stop at our local Goodwill store. Since drinking glasses break so often in any household I have always found it silly to spend a lot of money on anything that is made of glass. They had a few martini glasses, several old fashioned glasses and 7 pilsner glasses. (btw the glasses averaged 75 cents each) These new finds combined with the martini and cordial glasses I already own I think I can add a higher quality feel to the “bar experience” that I’ll offer. The only downside of buying 20 more glasses is the storage of them. Since I will not be burdening Quinton with them after the party, I came up with an idea. I’ll create a “Party Box” to store in my basement. I’ll put these extraneous non-everyday glasses, any extra plastic shot glasses, the leftover paper plates and plastic silverware from TH2 inside. I figure when my next gathering comes around I’ll grab the box and not have to buy any (or as many) plastic cups.

In case you can't tell I am really looking forward to next weekend. All of the pre-planning and preparations I have made will make it a smooth flowing night. 

::Bonus:: 

Here is a sneak preview of my shot menu for the Polar Palooza.
1.Angel’s Tip
2.Aunt Verne
3.Bacon Martini
4.Chocolate Covered Bacon
5.Cough Sizzurp
6.G-Spot
7.Lucky Stud
8.Master Polar Bear
9.Monkey Brain
10.Tape Worm
11. Water of Life
12. Wookie
13. Lance 13

No comments:

Post a Comment