Thursday, September 8, 2011

No Rain Dates in ThanksgivingLand!

I figured since we are in the middle of a horrible flood I could talk about the idea of a rain date. I think in general the idea of a rain date is dumb. I already plan 5 months ahead for the best of the newest holidays. I can't imagine trying to cram an extra weekend into the planning. Unless I've missed something all these years I'm pretty sure there isn't a rain delay for Christmas, New Years Eve or The Super Bowl. Why should there be one for Thanksgiving 2? If it rains this year we will have an additional piece of outdoor furniture. We have a 20' x 10' canopy. I'm figuring that this will eliminate any trouble with sitting outside. I hope. The bigger deal is what in gods name would I do with all of the food I'm going to make. I am definitely not buying 6 turkeys. 3 for the weekend of and 3 for the possible next weekend. I would never want to touch a turkey again. Hopefully there will be zero rain that day and no snow that month. I'm looking forward to a dry holiday this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment