Monday, September 12, 2011

Thanksgiving 2: The Job

As few of you know I am now in the market for a new job. While doing some digging online today I thought for a second. . . Is there any way to turn the incredible holiday of Thanksgiving 2 into a job? I doubt it, but what if there was a way. What would it be? There isn't a mascot yet, unless you count the robot turkey picture I found for Thanksgiving 2.2's Evite. With no mascot there isn't really a need to be dressed up like the a mall Santa. The only thing that really comes to mind is a Thanksgiving 2 meal planner/coordinator. I think that has a nice ring to it. I am clearly able to do that pretty darn well (assuming anyone shows up this year: ). There has definitely been an improvement every year. Year one was simply a fried "things" party with around 20 people. Year 2 was the first year of the fried turkey with around 30 people. 2.2 i severely under figured how much turkey would be eaten. and then last year was my first experiment with multiple turkeys. There were 3 turkeys and about a half a roasted turkey left. (3/4's if you count the leftover carcass from roasted turkey #1) This year I have figured on one fried bird and one "leftovers" bird. Side dishes I believe I have always had a handle on. 2.3 I made probably enough food for 20 more people, but more is always better when it comes to that type of thing. We even had extra desserts. That was nice. I suppose I should try to get the Holiday recognized first then create the job. I wonder if I can get Preston and Steve to say "Thanksgiving 2" on the air.  hmm. . . . Then after thousands of people start celebrating it, I'll go on talk shows and talk to Rachael Ray (cause she's a food person) and whoever becomes the new Oprah. After that is the book tour and I can proselytize. I'm sure it will be a whirlwind. What say you random people? Do you want to increase your holiday cheer? Spend more time with friends? Meet new people and possibly have fun? Then begin the Thanksgiving 2 revolution!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment