Thursday, September 1, 2011

Labor Day 1, Not Labor Day 2

The non-official end to the summer is near and that means a BBQ outside. We are going to try again for a semi-impromptu event. Unlike Thanksgiving 2 where I'm expecting (and hoping for) a lot of people, this Labor day it could be just the two of us and it would be fine.
I was thinking of just doing something mostly simple on the grill. I haven't made a "fancy" hamburger in a while. I'd settled down into just a plain burger with toppings. This time I think I want to revisit my pepper burgers. I combine a mixture of hot peppers into the meat and then grill. thru some magical process the heat from the peppers mostly leaves and all you can really taste is the pepper essence and the meat. If you attempt this yourself do not use regular green peppers. They contain so much water that you end up doing a ton of extra working draining them. It's a pain in the butt. I think I'll add an egg to the burger mix this time for some extra binding and flavor. I'll get sausage of some kind too, people love sausage. I think if enough people come we can play some board games. It should be fun. We are asking people to bring side dishes, so I will probably just do a simple side dish on the grill. I haven't grilled a pineapple all season.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly Fielden NastasiSeptember 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM

    We have to play 80s Scene It! What are you making for me?

    ReplyDelete