Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Second Step: Recipe Testing

This year will be a little different from the past couple years. I am making the focus not on the roasted bird, but on the variety of leftovers. The only turkey leftover I have ever made with an regularity is Turkey Salad. Which I make exactly the same way I make chicken salad except with turkey. The other recipes I need to do some research. Turkey a-la King: Ill look in one on of my 50's cook books first, I think. Turkey Soup: I was thinking of going with some creamy, almost like a pot pie consistency, but a little thinner, lots of orange and green veggies. Turkey Hash: I had very little idea of what this even was, but Ralphie was looking forward to it in "A Christmas Story" so I'll make it (btw: it's basically turkey stir-fry). I like chili, so I think a really spicy Turkey Chili will be nice this year. I will have to make two batches though. One batch I will use my special mix of hot spices; the other batch will not be spicy. Other than providing bread and rolls for sandwiches I'm not sure how many more I will attempt. Its going to take the 2 weeks prior to get these recipes perfected. If anyone has any ideas please comment. 

1 comment:

  1. Kelly Fielden NastasiSeptember 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

    I want to try a tofu-turkey this year.

    ReplyDelete