Friday, August 26, 2011

Why Thanksgiving 2 and not Easter 2 or other big holidays?

I didn't really put a lot of thought into starting to celebrate a second holiday. I knew that during Thanksgiving most of my friends celebrate with their immediate family. The same can be said for Christmas. I don't really know too many people who make a big deal about Easter, so Thanksgiving seemed the best candidate. Choosing a date for the sequel was a tough nut. I could not pick the actual day because I like going to my families Thanksgiving so that was out. I thought about the weekend directly after Thanksgiving, but I want the shopping options open to me. (I like to shop for Christmas presents. . . . don't judge me:). So, it seemed I had two options. I could use the weekend prior or the weekend after Black Friday. The weekend after Black Friday is sometimes my friends birthday. The very first Thanksgiving 2 I had to reschedule because of this. I figured that most of the time his birthday will not fall on that Saturday, and this left the week before Thanksgiving Actual to put up my Christmas Tree. I am pretty sure most years from now on I will be doing it this weekend. Now, if I could just figure out when to do Christmas 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment