Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The New Tradition

Since this is my first post I figure I should explain where I got the idea for Thanksgiving 2.
The idea was born from one of my favorite holiday movies. Although not one you might expect. It came from Santa Claus: The Movie. In the movie the main antagonist, played by the great John Lithgow (of Buckaroo Banzai fame) creates "Christmas 2". He set Christmas 2 in July to sell "The Special Thing" figuring to rake in the cash. Now where he simply has money on his mind, I wanted to bring the fun of the holiday to my friends.  I have heard a few stories and learned that some of my friends haven't had the best holiday experiences. I figured if I could bring what my family does on that awesome Thursday to them, well that would be pretty fun. I talked it over with my girlfriend at the time (now wife) and she agreed to try it out.  And so Thanksgiving 2 was born in December 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment